ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As an international law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, Asia and the Middle East, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, paralegals/law clerks, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
Gowling WLG is home to one of the world’s leading intellectual property practices. Our Russian IP team is based in Moscow, where our office has been established for over 20 years. With our rapidly growing practice, we are looking for a legal intern.
This is a superb opportunity to join one of the world’s leading IP practices, working as part of a committed, high-calibre team.
- Preparing overviews of IP legislation and practices
- Conducting research in the area of Russian and international IP law
- Drafting letters, memoranda, and other documents
- Taking part in the employer's marketing activities, as well as preparing and holding presentations
- Taking part in preparing opinions on legal issues, reviewing documents
- Handling appropriate correspondence with clients and authorities
- Providing support to attorneys
- Fluent spoken and written English and Russian
- Previous experience with a law firm, preferably in IP, is a plus
- Highly motivated, with strong career commitment for professional growth in IP
- Client-oriented and results-driven team player
- Law degree of a reputable university (last year’s student)