ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
Responsible for application and hardware systems support, the Bilingual Help Desk Technician ensures that requests for support, channeled primarily through the Help Desk, are handled or assigned in as timely and effective manner as possible.
- Providing telephone, email, remote, and on-site support for all applications, proprietary programs, and computer equipment used by the Firm.
- Ensuring that the Help Desk is monitored at all times during designated Help Desk hours.
- Responding to all requests in an appropriate and courteous manner.
- Documenting all requests by logging them in the Firm’s Help desk system.
- Assessing and resolving all requests for support based on urgency, type of problem and available support staff.
- Applying all available problem-solving techniques at his/her disposal to resolve Help Desk issues prior to assigning them to an appropriate team member.
- Monitoring and following up on calls assigned to others, as instructed by the Technical Coordinator (or Manager), Information Systems.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware and software problems on systems and arranging for external service calls or repairs as appropriate.
- Maintain, assign and log loaner equipment from a pool. Review equipment that has been returned and clean them of files or programs as appropriate, and install new software as required and approved to be signed out.
- Regularly, as required and along with other members of the Information Services team, participate in technical workstation support and systems implementations and rollouts.
- Minimum one year directly related technical experience, preferably in a Help desk environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines.
- Able to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary.
- Handle stress in a business-like manner.
- Solid background in the use and support of standard business applications. Experience specifically with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, email, and database products.
- Bilingualism required (French/English - Reading, Writing and oral interaction).
- College Degree in Computer Science.