ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
Gowling WLG is seeking a full-time Law Clerk in the Real Estate Practice Group for its Waterloo Region office. The candidate will work closely with all members of our Real Estate Department providing our clients with quality work and a high level of customer service.
You'll also be a part of a community that boasts affordable housing, convenient transportation, two of the highest-ranked universities in the country, an entrepreneurial spirit and convenient amenities for busy professionals. Waterloo Region is a terrific place to live and work, and offers you the best of both worlds.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited, to:
- Perform a variety of routine legal and administrative duties in the area of real estate law
- Evaluate the file to review facts, determine appropriate processes and plans the steps necessary for the conduct of the file, ensuring critical deadlines are identified and met
- Co-ordinate and assist real estate professionals, prepare all documentation and letters regarding real estate matters/transactions
- Initiate follow up actions when necessary
- Prepare reports on an as needed basis
- A minimum of 1-2 years of real estate clerking experience in a law firm environment
- A strong willingness to learn
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team