ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As an international law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, Asia and the Middle East, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, paralegals/law clerks, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We are seeking a full-time a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our busy Vancouver office.
The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Drafts and prepares letters, memos and correspondence from dictation or hard copy as directed by legal professionals.
- Creates, monitors and maintains client files for legal professionals.
- Coordinates administrative tasks such as the opening and closing of files
- Processes billable and non-billable time and invoices.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for legal professionals.
- Manages professionals’ calendar and bring forward systems to ensure important dates are met.
- Liaises with external and internal clients as required.
- 2+ years of experience working as a legal administrative assistant. Experience in indigenous law would be considered an asset.
- Strong client service orientation and the ability to communicate effectively with Firm members at all levels.
- Flexible and open to providing coverage in all practice areas of the firm.
- Exceptional attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work under tight timelines;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to prioritize and redefine priorities as required;
- Exceptional knowledge of MS office