ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We are seeking a full-time Paralegal with Commercial Real Estate experience to join our Business Law team in the Vancouver office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Reviewing commercial purchase and sale agreements
- Obtaining and reviewing due diligence
- Preparing conveyancing documents
- Receiving and reviewing commercial loan and security agreements
- Preparing closing letters, closing books, and closing CDs
- Docketing time spent on files (both billable and non-billable)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a Real Estate Paralegal
- Paralegal Certificate is an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of client needs in a professional and courteous manner
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Knowledgeable about current relevant legislation and government regulations
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze documents for accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary