Gowling WLG helps co-ordinate legal services for clients who are pursuing business opportunities in Australia and New Zealand. We also work with clients who are looking to do business outside of the region.
From Perth to Sydney, Auckland to Christchurch, members of our team are frequent visitors to Australia and New Zealand, and hold close ties with the countries' leading law firms and other key service providers. Our outbound role is to connect international clients to the local firms that are best-suited to assist in their transactions and projects across a range of key sectors — including technology and life sciences, natural resources, energy, financial services, and manufacturing.
We also apply our extensive experience to assist clients headquartered in Australia and New Zealand with establishing their business operations internationally – whether through an acquisition or by establishing a greenfield operation — and taking care of their ongoing legal needs.
Gowling WLG also has a long history of advising publicly-traded Australian mining companies in Canada and the UK, and has advised on numerous M&A transactions involving Australian natural resources companies. Our other key inbound experience includes:
- Working with several leading Australian infrastructure companies on the procurement and execution of their projects in Canada
- Assisting Australian investors with their acquisition of a Canadian casino operator
- Representing a major Australian casino operator in relation to the protection and enforcement of IP rights in Europe
- Assisting in the merger of two Canadian and Australian companies to form a global leader in engineering, environmental consulting, architecture and construction services consultancy
- Assisting Australian and New Zealand retailers and franchises in establishing their operations in several key areas around the world
Throughout our service regions, we've represented leading Australia- and New Zealand-based technology and life science companies in the protection of their intellectual property. This experience includes:
- Filing and prosecuting trademarks and designs for Australian and New Zealand clients in China
- Organising global protection for an innovative motor technology from New Zealand
- Acting for many leading Australia- and New Zealand-based companies with respect to the protection of their IP rights in Canada
To learn more about how we can help your business succeed, please contact Gordon Harris
or Brett Kagetsu