As the largest group of its kind in Canada, we're committed to excellence in all of the insurance and professional liability work we do.
We understand the ongoing changes taking place in the insurance industry — including market consolidation, increased competition among insurers and banks, legislative and regulatory developments, bad faith claims seeking punitive damages, and a growing number of class actions — and we provide advice that helps you successfully navigate these challenges.
Through the quality, creativity and timeliness of our advice, the innovative legal solutions we provide, and a distinctive service experience, we deliver unmatched results and value to the insurance community.
Our team has consistently achieved national recognition for its exceptional work. This recognition includes taking home the Canadian “Insurance Firm of the Year” Award from Benchmark Litigation, a leading legal rankings publication, three years in a row (2014, 2015 and 2016).
The comprehensive services we provide to the insurance industry include:
- Personal injury claims
- Property claims, including fire and environmental claims
- Defending all types of product liability claims
- E&O claims against a wide variety of professionals, including engineers, developers, architects, contractors, accountants, actuaries, doctors, lawyers, psychologists, physiotherapists, realtors, insurance agents and financial advisers
- D&O claims
- Transportation claims, including trucking, rail and aviation claims
- Construction claims
- Heavy industrial claims, including oilfield and mining claims
- Life and disability claims
- Financial institutions, investment companies and their employees and agents
- Class actions across Canada and working with U.S. attorneys to defend cross-border class actions
- Creating policy wording
- Providing coverage opinions for insurance and reinsurance claims
- Litigating coverage issues
- Arbitrating reinsurance claims
Corporate commercial & regulatory
- Purchase and sale of insurance companies and brokers
- Product development and approval
- Aggressive pursuit of subrogated claims
- Open to alternative fee arrangements, such as contingency fees, for subrogated claims
We're ready to help you with your insurance and professional liability-related legal needs. To start, please engage Taryn Burnett or any member of our Canada-wide team.