With the help of a collaborative software platform designed specifically for the legal environment — the first of its kind in Canada — Practical LPM provides a clear road map for all types of legal issues, from sophisticated corporate-commercial matters to complex litigation, in Canada and around the world.
With Practical LPM, you always know who's working on your file, how it’s progressing and how much it's expected to cost. No surprises. Just results.
How it works
Practical LPM is rooted in a simple yet powerful four-step process:
- Define: At the outset, you tell us your expectations — what you need, when you need it and how you define success. We listen.
- Plan: We leverage our knowledge, precedents, project plan templates and decades of experience to determine the most efficient path and allocation of resources to achieve your goal. We anticipate costs and potential hurdles, and identify which aspects of your file require the expertise of a senior professional and which can be handled by lower-cost resources. The result? A plan that gives you a clear sense of how much your file is going to cost — based on clear assumptions — and how long it will take to complete.
- Monitor & manage: Practical LPM allows us to monitor the progress of your file in real time. It's not a crystal ball, and unexpected events can occur in all legal matters. However, Practical LPM helps ensure that any issue that could affect your budget or timeline is immediately flagged and brought to your attention — allowing you to make decisions right away and avoid billing surprises.
- Review & improve: At the heart of Practical LPM is the concept of “practical excellence,” which we define as achieving excellence not only in the quality of our legal services, but in delivering those services on time and within your budget. Our mandatory end-of-matter review is the key to finding new efficiencies and ways to improve value. If there's something we can do better, we want to do it.
Why choose Practical LPM?
Practical LPM is for you if:
- You want to get more for your legal spend.
- You want to avoid billing surprises.
- You want a clear sense of who will work on your file, how much it's expected to cost and how long it will take to complete.
- You want more accountability and transparency from your law firm in delivering value and results.
- You want all of the above without sacrificing the level of quality or service.
Ready to get practical?
To learn more about Practical LPM, send us an email at email@example.com, or contact one of our firm-wide team leaders: