Gowling WLG provides global leadership and advice on privacy issues, and develops functional compliance programs for national and international clients. Timely regulatory compliance counsel, combined with sophisticated commercial skills, allow our professionals to provide proactive security strategies and legal support on all data-related issues.
We provide leading-edge service, including the development of transaction data rooms and document retention programs, threat risk assessments and e-discovery services. In addition, using our collective expertise in technology and telecommunications, we're well-positioned to advise on privacy issues arising out of new technologies and business models.
Our team has developed an international perspective from working with technical experts in threat risk assessment, and produces reports on the latest developments in privacy and information management. We can keep you at the forefront of privacy compliance, advocacy and data management, through services such as:
Privacy compliance & advocacy
- Privacy impact assessments
- Global privacy compliance programs
- Privacy advocacy governance
- Data breach management
- Privacy training and awareness
- Privacy compliance in corporate transactions and negotiations
- Transborder data transfers
- Threat risk assessments
- Development of electronic document management programs
- Compliance with PCI DSS and security requirements
- Due diligence in information technology transactions
- Creation of data rooms
- Development of data retention policies and schedules
To learn more about how we can support your privacy and data protection needs, please reach out to Wendy Wagner or any member of our team.