As one of the largest groups of its kind in Canada, our team delivers a full range of services from our offices across the country. We've developed a significant practice for creditors and debtors alike, with a high level of expertise in cross-border insolvencies and restructurings.
Our experience spans a broad range of industries, notably including: aquaculture, agriculture, automotive, aviation, banking and finance, biotech, construction and development, energy, infrastructure, food and beverage, franchising, health care, hospitality, housing, income trust, life sciences, manufacturing, media, mining and natural resources, publishing, recreational products, retail, real estate, technology, telecom, and transportation and logistics.
A track record of success
Gowling WLG is recognized both nationally and internationally for its creative approach to complex restructuring and insolvency challenges. We expertly represent creditors, debtors, receivers, trustees, monitors, acquirers, suppliers, customers and other restructuring professionals and stakeholders, providing unrivalled service and innovative solutions.
Our services include:
|Restructuring, bankruptcy & insolvency
- Advising on early stage financial and operational restructurings
- CCAA and BIA proposal proceedings
- Bankruptcy and liquidation proceedings
- Enforcing guarantees and security
- Negotiating forbearance and accommodation arrangements
- Advising on insolvency risks in structured transactions
- Mitigating lender liability issues
- Assessing directors’ liability
- Advising regulatory agencies on regulatory compliance
- Structuring and executing sales process whether in or out of court
- Creditor, supplier and customer negotiations
- Retaining investment bankers and advisers to assist in the distressed m&a process
- Sourcing, negotiating and documenting interim and permanent financing solutions
- Timely due diligence on the target
- Advising on the most complex national, cross-border and multi-jurisdictional insolvencies and restructurings
- Bringing the talents and skills of our most senior and experienced team members to bear on the most challenging issues faced by our clients
- Using the respect, trust and experience our corporate restructuring team has earned in the marketplace to leverage the best results for our clients
- Applying the considerable corporate, securities, financial, litigation, international, real estate, governmental, labour, employment, pension, tax, environmental and other skills in a holistic way to achieve optimal solutions
To find out how we can support your restructuring, bankruptcy or insolvency needs, please contact Colin Brousson or any member of our team.