ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
Working with a team in the Office Services group, the Facilities Clerk provides assistance to a variety of functional areas, including purchasing, budgeting, shipping, receiving, storage, reception, office communication (mail, courier, etc.), space utilization, print services, facilities equipment maintenance services and food services.
- Provides support to all areas within office services and facilities, which would include completing photocopy and document assembly requests; receiving and sending fax transmissions; receiving and/or collecting incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries and ensuring ongoing dispatch and delivery;
- Works broadly with all groups across the firm including Hospitality, Marketing, IT, Human Resources, etc. for purposes of accomplishing shared objectives;
- Assist in monitoring and responding to issues that relate to office services or premises, including lighting; air flow; furniture; equipment; and co-ordinates the purchase of office supplies, furnishings etc.
- Performs minor housekeeping duties throughout the office environment, including lounges, lunchrooms and conference rooms to ensure that they are clean, neat and orderly in appearance;
- Assists with office moves and provides general maintenance duties as required;
- May be required to assist in accounting duties such as depositing monies at bank; coordinate file closures, retention, retrieval and recording of all closed files at offsite storage facilities.
- Maintains inventory of firm supplies and equipment.
- Works closely with IT assist with boardroom set ups including arranging for required equipment and video and teleconference equipment, including setup, testing, operational assistance, and routine maintenance of all audio visual and conference equipment.
- Respond to requests for assistance from reception and any other area within Office Services and/or Facilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines
- Able to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary
- The ability to lift heavy objects
- Handle stress in a business-like manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingualism (French/English) may be required in some offices