June 1, 2016
Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) has recognized Gowling WLG as one of the world's leading patent firms in the 2016 edition of IAM Patent 1000 - The World's Leading Patent Practitioners.
Singled out for its highly regarded patent practices in Canada, the U.K., Russia, Germany and China, Gowling WLG was named one of the top international patent firms overall.
In its commentary, IAM described Gowling WLG as a "super-firm" with "incredible global reach" that is "ideally placed to help companies of all shapes and sizes achieve their objectives, no matter what their nature or scale."
In addition, 25 of Gowling WLG's patent practitioners were ranked among the leading patent professionals in key jurisdictions around the globe.
Specific highlights include:
- Canada: With more patent practitioners selected for inclusion in the guide than any other Canadian law firm, Gowling WLG earned "gold" status for litigation and transactions, as well as prosecution.
- U.K.: Described in the guide as running "deep with talent" and "seamlessly handl[ing] complex cross-border matters for the most discerning multinationals," Gowling WLG achieved "highly recommended" status for transactions and "silver" status for litigation.
- Russia: Gowling WLG was again recognized among Russia's leading patent firms and was one of the top-listed based on the number of professionals featured in the guide, earning "gold" status for litigation and transactions, and "recommended" status for prosecution.
- Germany: Identified as one of the leading firms in Germany for infringement, Gowling WLG is described as providing "incisive, pragmatic counsel on cross-border campaigns and big-ticket multi-jurisdictional transactions."
- China: For the first time, Gowling WLG was recognized as a leading foreign patent firm in China, and the "preferred adviser of IP-rich corporations with large-scale mechanical and information and communications technology portfolios."
Below is a complete list of Gowling WLG patent practitioners selected for inclusion in the guide: