ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions
We are seeking a full-time Business Development and Marketing Assistant to join our team in the Vancouver office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in the drafting, editing, updating and distribution of marketing materials, including advertisements and newsletters as well as coordinating with the Design team as required
- Order, distribute, and shelve promotional material and record items as business development or personal and charge to the appropriate accounts
- Assist in onboarding new hires, including updating online bios and coordinating photoshoots.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of events and seminars
- Prepare correspondence as required and attend to general filing
- Monitor the general marketing mailbox and triaging requests
- Assist in the administration of corporate boxes, ticket administration and/or purchase.
- Maintain database for logos, ticket allocation, corporate boxes, sponsorships, publications, events, etc.
- Update client lists for mail outs and events
- Manage incoming mail and process invoices for payment
- When requested, prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information
- Any other duties as required, including general research requests and data entry
- Ability to liaise with all levels of staff, firm-wide, with professionalism, tact, diplomacy and a high level of discretion
- Capacity to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Produce high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines
- Ability to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle stress in a business-like manner
- Marketing or Administrative Assistant Diploma/Certificate
- Experience in a professional services organization is an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume via email to email@example.com including the job title in the subject line.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.