ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
This position can be based in any of the following Gowling WLG offices: Vancouver, Ottawa, Toronto or Hamilton.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support the firm’s marketing initiatives in China and with Chinese-based clients. The successful candidate will support activities associated with incoming Chinese delegations and liaise with external partners for Gowling WLG outgoing trips and visits to China. This role will also identify profile and BD opportunities to promote the firm’s services across industry sectors and support excellent client service and innovative legal service delivery models to firm clients. The BD & Marketing Specialist ensures requests for marketing and business development support are tracked and delivered in a responsive and timely fashion.
- The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Support travel needs for professionals participating in BD meetings to China from any Gowling WLG office: includes travel booking for on-the-ground meetings, arranging client hosting events and ensuring follow up activities are executed
- Organization of seminars, information sessions or cross selling meetings with clients, business prospects and internal stakeholders
- Proactive identification, outreach and liaising with business prospects, existing clients, internal stakeholders and strategic partners
- Development and implementation of the China Initiative annual marketing plan and managing the group’s budget
- Contribute content to the firm’s WeChat account
- Develop intelligence reports and track client targeting initiatives
- Manage translation with third-party service providers for Chinese marketing collateral
- Attend conferences, seminars and others events on behalf of Gowling WLG as required
- Report on activities by way of monthly and annual reports for internal circulation to firm executive and other leaders
- Maintain repository of collateral and promotional materials used for promotional purposes, including website, invitations and content for newsletters
- Coordinate and work closely with Gowling WLG Guangzhou office and with Gowling WLG global offices to develop one global brand
- Liaise with organizations and associations the firm supports/ sponsors or of which is a member
- Work closely with the firm’s Communications and Digital team on newsletters, website updates, invitations
- Work regularly with the Proposal team on proposals that support work for inbound work to Canada or outbound work to our other offices
- Work with business development, events ,marketing and communications team members to optimize value of sponsorships and conference participation and ensure maximum value for sponsorship/conference investment as well as post-event follow up to track event success.
- Manage routine exports of data for marketing & BD efforts and prepare custom reports on an as-needed basis.
- Provide a high level of service to team members and other internal clients, both within the marketing & business development group and the broader firm.
- Other duties as required.
- At a minimum, the required education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities for this position, are as follows:
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin
- 3-5+ years related work experience
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in a related field
- Experience in a professional services environment, or a similar service-oriented role within a related industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel); previous experience with content management systems and email marketing platforms will be considered an asset (although not a requirement)
- Intellectual curiosity and drive to stay at the forefront of developments and trends within a given industry and/or service area
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, with a solutions-oriented approach to obstacles and challenges
- Strong judgement and initiative combined with an ability to know when to ask for clarification
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with overlapping deadlines in a fast paced environment
- High level of professionalism and ability to work collaboratively
- Desire to exceed expectations and deliver high-quality work
- Client service oriented (internal and external)
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision but engage team resources as required
- Some travel may be required
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com, including the job title and File No. F187505 in the subject line.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.