ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented individual to join the Advocacy Department in the role of Electronic File Management Clerk in the Health Law Group.
Based in the Ottawa office, the successful candidate will perform legal administrative work of a responsible and confidential nature for a group of professionals.
The incumbent’s responsibilities may include and are not limited to the following:
- Administrative and clerical support for file management including administration, data entry and data maintenance in proprietary databases.
- Quality assurance and exception handling of sent and received electronic communications from clients and external parties including supporting internal and external users on technical and business process issues
- Prepare, receive and review QA reports and maintain data in proprietary databases.
- Prepare database reports and manipulate data for presentation as directed.
- Back-up and coverage for Data Entry Clerk including opening and closing electronic files, updating data, management of paper files and monitoring and triaging centralised communications on administrative issues.
- Assist with database and electronic file management application development and testing.
- Prepare documents for linking or uploading to databases; coordinating with internal medical record clerk for scanning and coding of medical records and arranging electronic transmission to client.
- Communicate with internal and external users on administrative and database issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members and external parties, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional, prompt and courteous manner
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to work with data exports and tables
- Fast and accurate keyboarding/data-entry skills
- Knowledge of electronic document management systems
- Capacity to work independently, as well as actively participate in and support a team
- Ability to effectively handle large volumes of work and adapt to new processes
- Attention to detail
- Bilingualism (French/English) would be considered an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume via email to email@example.com including the job title and quoting file number O1853007 in the subject line.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.