At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We are currently seeking a technically-oriented, client-focused individual to join our Vancouver office for the role of Help Desk Technician. The successful candidate will support application and hardware systems.
The incumbent's responsibilities may include and are not limited to the following:
- Providing telephone, email, remote, and desk-side support for all Information Technology products, applications and services. Support will include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing clients regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy.
- Ensuring that requests for support, primarily through the Helpdesk, are handled or assigned in as timely and effective manner meeting SLA requirements;
- Determining the most effective manner to resolve client’s technical issue. Engaging in research and in depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues and consult with senior team when necessary.
- Responding to all requests in an appropriate and courteous manner;
- Assessing and resolving all requests for support based on urgency, type of problem and available support staff;
- Maintaining IT equipment inventory and assigning loaner equipment;
- Participating as required and along with other members in technical workstation support and systems implementations and rollouts;
- Working on-call, on a fixed rotation schedule, with the flexibility to work overtime as required.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in an IT discipline.
- Two years’ experience in support, installation and repair of computer material.
- Experience in hardware, software, basic network troubleshooting, basic operating system functionality or equivalent
- Excellent customer services skills. This position requires handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Client interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the client’s technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language.
- Must be able to handle stress in a fast paced environment in a business-like manner.
- Must be able to learn and support new and quickly-changing technologies.
- Solid background in the use and support of standard business applications such as Office 2007/2013/2016, Windows 7/10, Internet Explorer 11/Chrome. Preferable experience specifically with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, email, document management systems and database products.
- Experience with basic usage and troubleshooting of mobile devices such as Apple iPhone/iPad, Android and Blackberry.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must have a good command of the English language in order to provide effective telephone, desk-side, and email support.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy equipment during office moves, and support videoconference/teleconference and webinar set up.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: open until suitable candidate is found.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.