ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to join our HR team in the Vancouver office.
- The incumbent's responsibilities may include and are not limited to the following:
- Provides support to the HR team in the maintenance, administration and communication of policies, procedures and initiatives.
- Responds to general HR enquiries.
- Responsible for maintaining all employee files, ensuring records are accurate including updating the HRIS and Interaction systems.
- Collects, monitors and records attendance data for staff; produces attendance reports as required and responds to staff enquiries regarding attendance.
- Compiles and processes documents, on a daily basis relating to new hires, changes, terminations & payroll related matters.
- Coordinates the enrolment requirement and acts as a resource person in connection with the RRSP/TFSA plans.
- Coordinates various programs for employees, such as new employee orientation, wellness clinics, training, etc.
- Assists in various stages of the recruitment process.
- Provides assistance with the implementation of various HR programs (i.e. Performance Management Program, WOW Program).
- Conducts research on an as needed basis, which may include internal and external surveys.
- May participate on committees (i.e. Health & Safety).
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 - 3 years of relevant experience.
- College Diploma in Human Resources or Business Studies.
- Ability to build effective working relationships and gain industry knowledge.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and prioritizing skills, as well as the ability to handle data with confidentiality.
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to produce a high quality and quantity of work, occasionally under tight timelines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bilingualism (French/English) may be required in some offices.
If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter including the job title in the subject line to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: open until suitable candidate is found.
Each application will be carefully reviewed. However, please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.