ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We are seeking a full-time Information Technology Project Co-ordinator to join our national IT team. This position will be located in our Waterloo office
- Monitor current projects and coordinates all team members involved to keep workflow on track
- Assign new project tasks
- Work to improve the project process
- Ensure project aligns with set strategy and budget
- Organize and plan meetings with project manager
- Arrange and manage team goals/project schedules/new information and keeps all material up-to-date
- Development of additional project documentation to manage more detailed aspects of a project, such as (but not limited to) scope changes, change management, issues, communications, QA/testing, resource management, or training.
- Communicate timeline changes and new information to team; tracks project changes and adjust schedules as needed.
- Record minutes and capture action items and key decisions during project meetings, and conduct follow ups with project participants to ensure action items are completed as scheduled
- In charge of keeping track of all project-related paperwork; ensure all needed materials are current and properly filed and stored
- Strategize with project manager when needed
- Track and analyze project risks and recommend improvements
- Assist in the development of project close out documentation that includes, but is not limited to, project checklists to ensure that all technical documentation has been collected and stored for future reference; post-project reviews to measure actuals against planned (objectives, timelines etc.); notable lessons learned that can be applied to future projects; and project acceptance/sign off documents for the project sponsor to indicate the project has concluded.
- Secondary duties may include providing general deskside technical support to Firm members where required.
- Approximate time split would be 75% project coordination and 25% deskside support / misc. duties
- Superior computer skills; well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite, strong and thorough knowledge of Excel.
- Able to work effectively under pressure.
- Flexible and able to multitask on several different aspects of a project or on multiple projects.
- Able to produce quality work with strict deadlines.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- 2 years general IT support experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title in the subject line.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.