ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We are currently seeking an intermediate Law Clerk to join the Real Estate group within the Business Law department.
Based in the Ottawa office, the successful candidate will perform full legal clerical work of a responsible and confidential nature for one or more professionals.
- Primary support to real estate partners and professionals within the real estate team;
- Working largely independently to carry out sophisticated real estate and financing transactions;
- Provide occasional support to the municipal law group;
- Evaluate the file to review facts, determine appropriate processes and plan the steps necessary for the conduct of the file, ensuring critical deadlines are identified and met;
- Co-ordinate and assist real estate professionals, preparing all documentation and letters regarding real estate matters/transactions, drafting documents, preparing all required correspondence, attending on execution of documents, preparing reports and accounts to clients and possibly attending closing of transactions;
- Initiate follow up actions where and when necessary;
- Prepare reports on an as needed basis.
- Law Clerk diploma;
- A minimum of 5+ years of legal experience as a Law Clerk/Paralegal with commercial real estate acquisition, disposition and financing experience;
- Advanced knowledge of relevant legislation and government regulations coupled with strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- The ability to effectively analyze and handle large volumes of work and be able to work independently as well as actively participate in and support a team;
- Expertise in Conveyancer, Teraview and Microsoft Office Suite are required.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and the code O1852003 in the subject line.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.