ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As aglobal law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it.To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
Gowling WLG is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant for our IP Department to work within a team environment practicing Patents. Based in the Ottawa office, the successful candidate will perform full legal administrative work of a responsible and confidential nature for one or more professionals.
- Organize and expedite the flow of work through the professional's practice, initiating any follow-up action as appropriate
- Accurately prepare legal documents and correspondence with minimal direction
- Transcribe and type legal documents and correspondence
- Liaise between the legal professionals and various internal and external individuals, groups and clients at all levels
- Work proactively in the day-to-day support of the professional's practice
- Use initiative and good judgement to relieve the professionals of administrative detail
- Administrative Assistant or Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma coupled with a minimum of five years’ experience in patents
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good keyboard and dicta-typing skills are required
- Ability to work in a team environment with a professional demeanour
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Thorough, conscientious and strong proofreading skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and posting #O1856001 in the subject line.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.