ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
Performs full legal administrative work of a responsible and confidential nature for one or more professionals or to a specific department. This position receives some direction or guidance; most tasks and objectives are accomplished independently.
- Organize and expedite the flow of work through the Professional’s office, initiating follow-up action.
- legal documents with little or no direction according to general precedents or instructions from Professional
- letters, memos, etc. of a confidential nature, which may be drafted independently for review by supervisor or may be prepared from dictation or hard copy;
- Liaise between the Professional’s various internal and external individuals, groups, and clients at all levels.
- Forward or respond to routine correspondence not requiring the Professional’s attention.
- Manage the bring forward or diary system/database to ensure important dates/deadlines are met.
- Prepare special reports, which may include gathering, analyzing and summarizing data.
- Exercise initiative and judgment to relieve Professional of administrative detail.
- Create, monitor and maintain client files for better file management and client service.
- Coordinate administrative tasks e.g.: accounting; opening and closing files; docketing; billing; etc.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines.
- Able to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary.
- Handle stress in a business-like manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bilingualism (French/English).
- Legal assistant certificate/diploma
- Eight (8) years’ experience as a Legal administrative assistant
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title in the subject line.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.