ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As aglobal law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it.To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
As an integral member of the Legal Administrative Assistant team, the incumbent will be required to assist professionals within our Real Estate and Financial Services department and will work with lawyers who practice in the area of Financial Services.
- Draft and prepare routine correspondence
- Revise and edit corporate and financing documents, including complicated agreements such as credit agreements
- Prepare PPSA financing statements and financing change statements
- Summarize PPSA and other corporate searches
- Assist with closing of transactions, including flow of funds (trust transactions, direction re. funds and accounting forms) and track executed documents and other closing deliveries
- Prepare report letters and report books
- Take instructions, prioritize incoming work, follow through on assignments and manage ongoing tasks
- Prepare accounts and manage pre-bills, and have a strong working proficiency with all accounting and billing procedures
- Arrange and coordinate meetings, prepare expense reports and maintain organized client files (electronic and physical files)
- Communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a professional, efficient manner with internal and external contacts
- Implement and maintain practice management systems on behalf of busy professionals
- Other duties as required
- Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma from a recognized college preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a legal administrative assistant
- Strong attention to detail, with exceptional organizational and prioritization abilities
- Ability to take initiative and exercise sound judgement and tact
- Possess the ability to handle more than one professional and to undertake additional responsibilities as required within the share and team
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with a team-player attitude and keen enthusiasm
- Ability to work well in a team as well as work with minimum supervision when required
- Be proficient with MS Word, Outlook, Hummingbird DM, Deltaview and Carpe Diem, and generally possess strong technical skills, particularly the ability to cross-reference within large agreements
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume via email to email@example.com. Please include the job title and “File No. T185104” in the subject line.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.