ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
The incumbent performs full legal administrative work of a responsible and confidential nature for one or more professionals within the Intellectual Property Department.
• Manage the workflow of the professional’s practice to ensure fast work execution.
• Effectively transcribe, type and prepare legal documents and correspondence.
• Liaise between the legal professional and various internal and external parties, and clients, at all levels.
• Support the professional on a daily basis within the context of their practice.
• Exercise initiative and judgment to relieve the professional of administrative tasks.
• Coordinate and manage the intricate billing process.
• Perform any other duties as required.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential information.
• Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
• Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines.
• Able to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary.
• Handle stress in a business-like manner.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Bilingualism (English (80%) / French (20%)).
• Diploma in legal secretarial studies or relevant experience.
• Three years’ experience as an administrative assistant. Legal administrative assistant experience will be considered an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume via email to email@example.com
, including the job title in the subject line.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.