About Gowling WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it - we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We are currently seeking an energetic, keen, detailed, self-starter to join our fast-paced Marketing team. This position will report to the Director of Marketing and Business Development.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the overall Marketing team, including tracking daily attendance, processing invoices, tracking travel and credit card expenses, and filing.
- Read, research, and direct correspondence; draft letters and documents, collect and analyze information; initiate email correspondence and telecommunications to support these activities
- Track, maintain and coordinate distribution of marketing hardware and materials for upcoming tradeshows and external events
- Develop and maintain an annual calendar of key administrative and marketing activities and deadlines
- Develop and maintain a daily tracker of monthly and annual priorities
- Develop and distribution action items following team meetings
- Organize meetings/webinars for national groups and teams, and coordinate agendas and related logistics
- Coordinate bio photoshoots for the Toronto office
- Act as team contact for approvals for all marketing email lists
- Provide support for legal directories, awards and other industry recognition activities
- Process firm sponsorships and manage the administrative process for firm-wide donations
- Track status and usage of hardware equipment, software licenses and marketing memberships
- When requested, prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information
- Track and assist with the distribution of the firm's holiday card
- Periodically assist with the organization of special events
- Handles routine updates to the firm website, as well as other data entry tasks for the department
- Other duties as required
- Administrative Assistant Diploma/Certificate
- Five years of experience, preferably in a professional services organization
- Ability to liaise with all levels of staff, firm-wide, with professionalism, tact, diplomacy and a high level of discretion
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines
- Ability to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) with the aptitude to learn new software
- Proactive self-starter who is detail oriented and analytical, with exceptional client service skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title and File #F187502 in the subject line.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.