ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
Working in our Ottawa office, the successful candidate will perform clerical work of a confidential nature. This is a contract position, ending December 2018.
- Working broadly with all groups across the firm including Hospitality, Marketing, IT, Human Resources, etc. for purposes of accomplishing shared objectives.
- Providing administrative and clerical support for file management including administration, data entry and data maintenance in proprietary databases.
- Scanning and shredding documents of a confidential nature.
- Opening and closing electronic files, updating data, management of paper files and file room and monitoring and triaging centralised communications on administrative issues.
- Preparing documents for linking or uploading to databases; coordinating with other administrative staff and work groups accordingly.
- Communicating with internal and external users on administrative and database issues.
- Assisting with and performing Hospitality and Office Services duties when necessary, including but not limited to responding to Guest inquiries, setting up and taking down events, performing minor housekeeping duties in lounges, lunchrooms and conference rooms.
- Packing, moving, lifting and carrying boxes of files and other items up to 20lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members and external parties when required, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional, prompt and courteous manner
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to work with data exports
- Fast and accurate keyboarding/data-entry skills
- Knowledge of electronic document management systems an asset
- Capacity to work independently, as well as actively participate in and support a team
- Ability to effectively handle large volumes of work and adapt to new processes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous project management experience an asset
- Post-secondary education
- 3 years relevant experience
- Must be able to commit to a contract position ending December 2018
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and posting #O1872002 in the subject line.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.