About Gowling WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it - we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We are currently seeking a detailed oriented, energetic Senior Collections Clerk to join our fast-paced Accounting team.
This position can be based in any of the following Gowling WLG offices: Toronto, Waterloo or Calgary.
- Review delinquent accounts and initiate collection action by contacting each client and reviewing course of action with the responsible professional
- Prepare correspondence related to delinquent accounts according to the firm's collection policy
- Research disputed delinquent account balances, prepare account reconciliations, as required for clients or billing professionals
- Produce various reports regarding collection efforts, results and clients in arrears, on a periodic basis for individual professionals and management
- Maintain accurate and up to date client files in Accounts Receivable Collection System (ARCS)
- Meet with professionals to review client status updates and discuss any issues/concerns
- Answer any questions and provide support to assistants and professionals relating to outstanding accounts
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma with post-secondary courses in accounting
- 5 years of collections experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate with clients and firm members in a professional and courteous manner
- Detail oriented with the capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, work well within a busy team environment and meet strict deadlines
- Strong computer skills an asset
- Experience with Aderant software is an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours as workload will require some evenings and weekends (mandatory year-end)
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and math skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume via email to email@example.com. Please include the job title and "File No. T187302" in the subject line.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.