ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, Asia and the Middle East, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, paralegals/law clerks, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
Gowling WLG is home to one of the world's leading intellectual property practices. Our Russian IP practice is an award-winning team of IP practitioners who has worked seamlessly over a decade with a global clientele to deliver strategic advice on all aspects of IP law throughout Russia and the CIS region.
We are seeking an Anti-Counterfeiting specialist to join our Brand Protection team in Russia. You will be a part of the firm's Global Anti-Counterfeiting Group that spans from Singapore to Vancouver. As the Anti-counterfeiting Specialist, you will play an important role in protecting our clients' brands in Russia and the CIS region and support the global IP practice.
This is a superb opportunity to join one of the world's leading IP practices, working as part of a committed, high-calibre global team.
- Coordinate anti-counterfeiting enforcement projects of our IP practice in Russia
- Interact with customs and law enforcement authorities on various brand protection matters
- Participate in customs and police administrative cases: prepare and file claims and other procedural documents with the courts
- Handle online enforcement matters from start to finish: identify and block infringing websites (domain infringements, IP violation in content)
- Work with clients to develop anti-counterfeiting strategy for Russia and the CIS region for their brands
- Work with clients to prepare brand protection presentations, product identification training material and represent clients at the customs and police training and seminars;
- Prepare reports to clients in English
- Analyse national and foreign legislation, draft information materials and memoranda on various IP issues
- file Attorneys-At-Law requests to domain name Registrars
- draft and file C&D letters, communication with infringers
- desktop investigations, "in use" search
- requests for customs authorisation; issuing customs authorisation letters
- police raids, test purchases
- Law degree from a reputable University in Russia
- Excellent written and oral English
- Previous experience in IP and brand protection
- Working knowledge of Russian trademark law
- Passion for IP and ambition to grow professionally with the firm
- Client-oriented and results-oriented
- Team player who can think on his/her feet
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.
Application deadline: Open until suitable candidate is found.
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.