Changing the administrator of your pension scheme can seem a daunting prospect. This webinar will focus on how to effectively plan for an administration transition and will break down the key practical and legal considerations when changing scheme administrator alongside consideration of some of the most common issues encountered.
This is a joint webinar between Gowling WLG and Trafalgar House and will centre on the interactions between Trustees’ administration and legal providers.
Daniel Taylor, Client Director at Trafalgar House will be our guest speaker.
Who should attend?
Pension managers, trustees and scheme sponsors who want to understand more about the legal and practical implications of transitioning an occupational pension scheme from one administrator to another.
Topics to be covered:
- Preparing for a transition
- Exit negotiations and agreements
- Best practice for new administration agreements
- Data protection considerations during and after an administration change
- Benefit specifications and common issues uncovered
- Key risks, pitfalls and their solutions
- Question and answer session
What will I learn?
After attending the webinar, you will:
- Recognise the preparatory work that needs to be undertaken before starting a transition project
- Understand how an administration transition project works
- Understand what you need to look for in your exit agreements
- Understand the key legal provisions in the administration agreement
- Recognise the most common risks and mitigations that can be deployed
This event is free of charge.
Gowling WLG is an accredited provider with the Bar Standards Board (provider ID number 1940). For all other professions, we suggest that you check with your professional body or your learning and development team as to whether this event meets the CPD requirements for your profession. Please do get in touch if you have any further queries about this event and CPD.
Gowling WLG is committed to ensuring people with disabilities can participate fully in our events. If you would like to attend this event and there is something which will help you do so more easily, please provide details to the event organiser.