Many US corporations are eager to expand beyond their country's borders and enter the exciting markets of Canada, Europe and beyond.
As you embark on your journey, you'll need a global law firm that can act as your guide outside of the US: legal professionals who can keep you on track and provide advice at every stage of the route to market. This requires extensive geographic reach, the ability to offer the right information at the right time and the capacity to meet the high level of service expected by US general counsel.
As a global, full-service law firm, Gowling WLG can handle your legal needs through our extensive network of associate firms. We've been a trusted partner to US businesses for more than 100 years, with clients who call us their firm of choice because we know how to limit their 'pain points' - while helping them take advantage of new opportunities and achieve their ambitious goals.
We focus on managing risks while navigating the red tape, and always field the best team for the job, ensuring you benefit from our cost-efficient approach, first-class technical knowledge, and in-depth sector expertise. Our team offers:
- Key access to international markets, with lawyers on the ground in many of the world's largest economies, including Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Russia, the Middle East, Singapore and China
- Efficient establishment of foreign operations, from forming a company to providing terms and conditions for international, market-facing websites
- Structuring of cost-effective cross-border transactions
- Guidance through the minefield of international labour law and other complex regulations
- Protection of your IP rights, including management of concurrent litigation across different jurisdictions
- Strategies for monetising your own IP through licensing, franchising and joint ventures
- A full range of advice in areas critical to your business, such as tax, real estate, regulation, advertising law, dispute resolution and data protection
With over 1,400 legal professionals in 18 cities across Canada, the UK, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, Gowling WLG gives you access to legal support in almost every market. Whilst we have no offices in the US (we don't compete with local firms, making us the best choice for outbound referral work), our lawyers regularly visit clients and contacts in all 50 states.
Read our complete guide to doing business in the UK.
Read our complete guide to doing business in Canada.
Expand your borders with a law firm in tune with US needs. We're ready to help - please reach out to Stephen McKersie or Chris Towle to learn more.