Gowling WLG helps co-ordinate legal services for clients who are pursuing business opportunities in Italy. We also work closely with Italian clients who are looking to do business outside of the region.
All members of our Italy team hold a personal connection to the country, and several speak fluent Italian. As a result, the team is wholly committed to immersing itself in the culture and business practices of Italy, and is dedicated to offering Italian companies and law firms world-class legal advice and personalised, responsive service.
As regular visitors to clients and law firm friends in Italy, we can refer international clients to the Italian firms that are best-suited to assist in transactions and projects across a range of key sectors.
We're a proud corporate member of the UK-Italy Chamber of Commerce, and have assisted leading Italian businesses with their legal work around the world. This work has included:
- Assisting a major insurance company with its UK employee benefit products
- Assisting a leading financial services company with its establishment in the UAE
- Advising on UK pensions and employment law for a major airline
- Working alongside a major Italian law firm to provide French employment law to a key client on a global deal
- Assisting a state-owned transport entity on a joint venture in the Czech Republic
- Working with a major law firm on the UK aspects of the international re-organisation of a company in the pharmaceutical industry
- Supporting a leading fashion house on a complex real estate transaction in Central London
- Providing legal support, strategic advice and assistance to the Italian Embassy in Ottawa on Canadian-related matters
To learn more about how we can help you succeed in Italy and beyond, please contact Jason Coates or Filomena Frisina.