It’s this depth of life sciences experience that distinguishes Gowling WLG from the rest. We’re a team that’s truly international, with nearly 200 life sciences professionals based in offices around the world.
By engaging us, you’ll gain access to advice on a full range of legal issues from professionals working in your sector who make things happen, deliver value and guide you through every stage of your products’ and company’s lifecycle.
Our suite of services includes:
- Clinical trials and drug manufacturing agreements
- Drug pricing and reimbursement
- Freedom to operate opinions
- Labelling, advertising and distribution
- Licensing, development and commercialisation agreements
- Joint ventures
- Patent and brand protection and litigation
- Risk management, product liability and litigation
- Pharmaceutical services and healthcare
- Regulatory law
- Acquisitions, mergers spin-outs and disposals, fund structures and IPOs
- Competition and antitrust
- Government relations
From biotech startups and research organisations to large pharmaceutical companies, we act for a wide range of entities in the sector. Many members of our team hold advanced scientific academic degrees and have worked in the life sciences industry, which enables us to understand the opportunities, technicalities and challenges involved. We’re well-connected and are able to use these connections to your advantage.
Our truly international client list includes:
- Global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Smaller/mid-cap biotech/pharma
- Pharmaceutical services providers
- World-leading academic research organisations
- Investors/venture capitalists
- Entrepreneurs and startups
- In-house counsel
- Patent attorneys
With a leading intellectual property litigation team, we have vast experience enforcing and defending complex patents in the sector. We also leverage our award-winning patent and trademark prosecution expertise in Canada, Russia and China to work with a global network of firms to help clients manage their IP portfolios.
We’ve built our reputation on seeing the bigger picture, and delivering sharp, creative and insightful legal advice to match. Our transaction team has handled numerous deals in the sector of all shapes and sizes.
For more information on how Gowling WLG’s global life sciences group can help you succeed, please contact us.