We recognise that businesses in the oil and gas sector face numerous challenges, including growth strategies, financing options, streamlining processes, adapting to government regulations, managing reputational risk, implementing new technologies, gaining access to emerging markets, managing employee issues and reducing costs.
With all of these challenges in mind, obtaining the best legal advice is crucial. At Gowling WLG, you can rely on experienced professionals who are fully in tune with your sector, having worked on some of the world's largest oil and gas projects. We have the in-depth expertise to help you achieve your goals, from exploration to product delivery.
Members of our team possess direct oil and gas experience, many having worked in-house and in non-legal roles for leading companies in the sector. This gives us a practical understanding of your issues and access to key connections that can be shared to support your growth. Because we're immersed in your industry, we're able to offer actionable advice, whatever your commercial need.
You can also rely on us to co-ordinate your multi-jurisdictional matters. We have specialist oil and gas teams located in London, Dubai and Calgary, with a particularly strong record of accomplishment in Africa, Asia, Russia and the wider CIS, and North and South America.
We offer a full range of legal services, including:
- Aboriginal matters, including impact benefit agreements
- Acquisitions and divestitures of interests, assets and companies, including title reviews and other transactional due diligence, as well as farm-ins, joint ventures, partnership and shareholders' agreements
- Commercial agreements relating to production sharing, concessions, exploration, gathering, processing, storage, transportation, distribution and general operations
- Competition and anti-trust
- Construction, operation and maintenance
- Corporate governance and business integrity
- Dispute resolution, including litigation and international arbitration
- Employment and labour including occupational health and safety
- Environmental disputes
- Financing, including equity and debt from public and private sources
- Fund formation
- Initial public offerings, secondary offerings and dual listings on the world's major exchanges
- Insurance and reinsurance
- Intellectual property
- International structuring
- International trade, export and import
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Regulatory compliance and approvals
- Restructuring, reorganisations and turn-arounds
- Royalty and streaming agreements
- Royalty tax, corporate income tax, profit-based special tax, research and development tax credits, international tax, transfer pricing
- Securities compliance
We have experience across all areas of the industry, including upstream, midstream, downstream, LNG, pipelines, refining, oil sands, fracking, gas-to-power, energy services and transportation.
To discuss how you can benefit from Gowling WLG's oil and gas experience, please contact any member of group.