Gowling WLG Partner and Head of Natural Resources Charles Bond joins 121 Mining Investment Online to chair discussions on mine financing projects in Africa, exploring the potential for capital investors seeking to maximise value on the continent.
Speaking with senior investors from royalties streaming organisations, institutional funds, and private equity groups, in the world's leading financial hubs, our expert panel talk Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations, post COVID-19 due diligence, alternative financing models and portfolio strategies, and more.
Accessing funding, opportunities for investment, and mitigating risk
What is the outlook for mine finance in Africa? How can companies in the region, and international investors, mitigate risks, access funding opportunities, and drive growth?
Watch the 'Mine Finance Panel' video in which we explore these questions, and more, including:
- Maximising value and identifying hidden risk;
- the stand out Environmental, Social and Governmental considerations on the availability of finance and royalty deals for African mining projects;
- financing in a post COVID-19 world and executing effective due diligence in this environment;
- exploring where alternative finance providers can find value and quality projects, and if the market is becoming more competitive;
- how the commodities cycle and more buoyant equities markets has impacted financing for juniors; and
- some of the factors proving consistently attractive for the Royalties and streaming models for both vendor and purchaser.
Expertise around the World
From initial exploration to large production projects, Gowling WLG’s Global Mining Group has the in-depth industry experience and the international connections to help your mining projects succeed.
Our clients include multinational corporations, private and public companies, governments, international banks, state-owned enterprises, hedge funds, investment funds and other financial institutions, as well as high net-worth individuals with global investments.
Speak to a member of the team to find out how Gowling WLG can support your international projects.
Connect with Gowling WLG and keep up-to-date with the latest from the Natural Resources and Mining sectors. Sign up to receive our updates on the market trends and developments that matter to you most.