From an illustrious, longstanding career as a patent attorney, and becoming President of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys in the UK, to now leading the charge for stronger diversity and inclusion in IP.
In the latest podcast in our 'In Conversation with Gowling WLG' series, global IP partner Gordon Harris speaks with Andrea Brewster OBE, founder and lead executive officer of IP Inclusive – an organisation aimed at improving diversity and accessibility in the IP profession.
In this episode, Gordon and Andrea discuss:
- the evolving DNA of the IP world, and how it is changing to become a more inclusive and accessible profession;
- what more can be done to ensure the future of intellectual property continues to be rich in diversity, transparency and accountability;
- the important work IP Inclusive is doing to foster and promote equality in the intellectual property community, and the positivity and collaboration Andrea is seeing in peers;
- Andrea's route to the top of patents law and her impressive career as an attorney, as well as her role as President of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys in the UK;
- occasional feelings of imposter syndrome, and the importance of mental health awareness in the sector and beyond; and
- Much more
Our 'In Conversation' series delves into the world of intellectual property, speaking with leading figures in industry. Throughout the series, we build a picture of how the IP world works, gathering insight into the latest trends and developments.
Missed the earlier episodes?
Subscribe to Intellectual Property: In conversation with... on: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Register for updates from our intellectual property team to receive the series direct to your inbox, as well as the latest market insights from Gowling WLG's leading IP professionals.
Your global IP resource centre
The world has changed and with it the way we and our clients work. With digital channels replacing face-to-face meetings, our response has been to provide a comprehensive resource hub where you can stay connected with us as your legal partner.
Gowling WLG has the tools you need to harness the full potential of your intellectual property.
From our IP Law Hub you can access our complete library of articles and videos, subscribe to updates or register to join us at live webinars. You can also find an IP professional near you if you need to discuss a legal matter. We're to here help, so please get in touch.