Adam Lewinberg is a partner in Gowling WLG's Toronto office. His practice focuses on complex government and quasi-government procurement and large multifaceted construction projects, including public-private partnership (P3) projects, large complex transmission distribution projects and projects in Canada's North and other remote areas.
Adam has a wide range of experience throughout the P3 project lifecycle, having helped clients manage procurement, construction, project operations, facilities maintenance and dispositions of P3 projects (including defaults and restructurings).
Adam also has a broad corporate/commercial practice, which includes advising on business acquisitions and dispositions, corporate governance matters, legal precedents and processes for ongoing business operations and a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions.
Prior to joining Gowling WLG, Adam was an associate general counsel at a corporation with a diverse portfolio of businesses in the construction and facilities maintenance industries, including P3, energy, remote camps and oil sands services. Adam has also worked as a software engineer.
Adam's infrastructure/P3 law experience in Canada and the US includes advising:
- A majority equity investor and facilities maintenance company on the procurement, structuring and successful closing of the first P3 procurement in the Northwest Territories
- An equity investor, design build partner and facilities maintenance partner on the procurement, structuring and successful closing of, at the time, the largest P3 procurement in Saskatchewan
- An equity investor, design build partner and facilities maintenance partner on the procurement, structuring and successful closing of several P3 hospital projects in Ontario
- An equity investor and operations and maintenance partner on a large road P3 procurement in Alberta
- A joint venture construction contractor partner on United States Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Order No. 1000 (FERC 1000) transmission distribution projects
- A construction contractor on the Bipole I, II and III transmission distribution projects in Manitoba
- A joint venture construction contractor partner on the Maritime Link Project in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- A construction contractor on electricity transmission and distribution projects in New York, California, Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico
- Tendering for significant roads maintenance contracts in Florida
Adam's M&A law experience includes advising:
- A purchaser on an interest in a First Nations-owned oil sands services business
- A purchaser on a majority interest in a transmission distribution business
- A purchaser on a remote camps and emergency accommodation business with operations in all 13 Canadian jurisdictions
- A purchaser on a national facilities maintenance business
- A seller on the disposition of the equity interest in a number of P3 projects in Ontario