Ahsan Sadiq is a partner in Gowling WLG's Waterloo Region office.
Ahsan works with emerging growth company and venture clients on variety of corporate and commercial matters, including technology licensing, financing and M&A, and helps larger enterprises on technology and service acquisition/outsourcing transactions.
Clients benefit from Ahsan's international experience in industry, where he assisted companies in M&A integration, negotiated outsourcing and tech acquisition contracts, and led sales for a publicly listed multi-national high-tech equipment vendor. Ahsan has longstanding ties in the Waterloo Region, having assisted startups at Communitech Accelerator program in its early days.
Ahsan has experience in the following areas:
- Emerging growth: assisting start-up and emerging growth companies become investment ready and set up appropriate internal and external stakeholder structures.
- Outsourcing: development and issuance of RFxs, development and negotiation of master agreements and statements of work as related to key client processes, e.g. back-office processing, document storage, HR, security services, loyalty programs.
- Financing and M&A: managing cross-border sale and purchase transactions, conducting pre-acquisition due-diligence and providing post-acquisition integration services for acquiring clients; and private investment transaction from both investor and investee perspective.
- Commercial Agreements: all manner of commercial and technology agreements, including those related to SaaS, PaaS, supply chain, joint product development, IP licensing and international partnerships.
- Governance: assisting on public and private company board committee mandates.
Prior to joining Gowling WLG, Ahsan was a partner at another national firm, and before starting his legal career, led business development and sales for a publicly-listed, multi-national technology vendor in Canada for a number of years and advised startups at the Accelerator program at Communitech. Ahsan continues to advise early-stage companies on a pro bono basis in association with accelerator and incubator programs such as Communitech, the Accelerator Centre, and the University of Waterloo's Velocity Program.
Ahsan is involved in the community, coaching youth baseball and basketball.