Dr. Andreas Woelfle
Andreas Woelfle is a highly recognised corporate lawyer and heads our Corporate/M&A practice in Germany. He leads a team of senior and very experienced expert lawyers across Germany. He can draw upon more than 26 years of experience in negotiating major and complex cross-border projects. Among his - very international - clients, there are leading multinationals, public authorities, private equity firms and private equity owned businesses, in particular in the following sectors: automotive, energy, machinery, healthcare, and life sciences. Andreas brings with him expertise in regulated industries and compliance investigations and has worked in-house at one of the biggest German energy groups.
Andreas is highly recognised among his non-German clients for providing incisive and accurate legal and tactical advice on German law and cultural issues. What makes him stand out is his intercultural competence, combined with the ability to consider and counterbalance different points of view.
Andreas' reputation is based upon superior client ratings throughout the last two decades. He has constantly been recognised as one of the leading lawyers in top legal rankings. Clients praise him highly, saying 'He is very proactive, a good responder and enthusiastic about his work.' (Chambers Global, 2015). The renowned German JUVE Handbook acknowledged in 2014/15 that '[t]he addition of corporate lawyer Dr Andreas Woelfle has given the practice a significant boost, especially with regard to cross- border transactions'. Previously, JUVE praised his working style as 'considerate but very effective' (2005/06), called him 'an engaged consultant with solid knowledge' (2004/05) and 'smart with strong legal expertise' (2003/04). Since 2017, the German publication 'Handelsblatt' as well as the Best Lawyers publication have listed Andreas in their rankings as one of the 'best lawyers' in both, M&A and Corporate.
Andreas contributed to Joint Ventures 2022.
- An investment fund listed on LSE's main market, which provides investors with opportunities in the fast growing market of clean hydrogen and related technologies.
- An Irish state-owned airport and retail holding and management company on its corporate activities in Germany, in particular with regard to one of the biggest airports in Germany.
- An investment vehicle of a global group on the ongoing acquisition of 100% of the shares in different German manufacturing and real estate portfolio companies.
- An aviation group and air services provider on acquisitions and disposals in Germany
- A medical tech company in a medical devices project with a multinational German industry group, a U.S. life sciences company and a major Private Equity firm.
- A company listed on LSE's main market that designs, manufactures and supplies innovative components for electronic applications, on various acquisitions in Germany and other European jurisdiction.
- A worldwide leading technology company that specialises in live production services on its acquisitions in Germany.
- A Private Equity company on its divestment of an IT group across several jurisdictions in Europe, including four portfolio companies in Germany.
- Large multi-jurisdictional groups on their reorganisations.
- Mittelstand companies and other family controlled businesses on their corporate and M&A activities.
- An AIM-listed lithium development and exploration company on the German aspects of its reverse takeover under which an LSE-listed company acquired client's 50% interest in a German company.
- One of the leading venture capital investors involved in the creation, funding and development of high-growth technology businesses in the UK, Republic of Ireland and Europe, on its investment in, and partnering with, a major German VC investor.
- A mining company on its acquisition of further shares in a German company specialising in mining and extraction of raw materials.
- A strategical investor on the acquisition of a business unit of an insolvent German company which is essential for maintaining parts supply to auto OEMs.
- A French group on post-M&A disputes.
- An American multinational conglomerate holding's group on acquisitions, reorganisations and other activities in Germany.
- An Indian motor vehicle manufacturer on its multi-billion acquisition attempt in Europe.
- A leading UK engineering and project management consultancy firm on its corporate and commercial activities in Germany, in particular in decommissioning of nuclear power plants.
- A family- and private equity-owned automotive supplier on the sale of one of its subsidiaries, and, subsequently, of the group.
- A global player in healthcare and life sciences on a multi-billion takeover attempt of a huge international pharmaceutical company.
- Implementation of a global corporate reorganisation for a major Canadian manufacturer and TSX listed company, including negotiation of with third parties in joint venture arrangements.