Dr Andreas Woelfle
Andreas is a highly recognised corporate lawyer and heads our Corporate/M&A practice in Germany. He leads a team of senior and very experienced expert lawyers across Germany. He can draw upon more than 20 years of experience in negotiating major and complex cross-border projects. Among his - very international - clients, there are leading multinationals, public authorities, private equity firms and private equity owned businesses, in particular in the following sectors: automotive, banking, customer service management, energy, machinery, healthcare, and life sciences. Andreas brings with him expertise in regulated industries and compliance investigations and has worked in-house at one of the biggest German energy groups.
Andreas is highly recognised among his non-German clients for providing incisive and accurate legal and tactical advice on German law and cultural issues. What makes him stand out is his intercultural competence, combined with the ability to consider and counterbalance different points of view.
Andreas' reputation is based upon superior client ratings throughout the last two decades. He has constantly been recognised as one of the leading lawyers in top legal rankings. Clients praise him highly, saying 'He is very proactive, a good responder and enthusiastic about his work.' (Chambers Global, 2015). The renowned German JUVE Handbook acknowledged in 2014/15 that '[t]he addition of corporate lawyer Dr Andreas Woelfle has given the practice a significant boost, especially with regard to cross- border transactions'. Previously, JUVE praised his working style as 'considerate but very effective' (2005/06), called him 'an engaged consultant with solid knowledge' (2004/05) and 'smart with strong legal expertise' (2003/04). Since 2017, the German publication 'Handelsblatt' as well as the Best Lawyers publication have listed Andreas in their rankings as one of the 'best lawyers' in both, M&A and Corporate.
Andreas contributed to Joint Ventures 2022.
- A company listed on LSE's main market that designs, manufactures and supplies innovative components for electronic applications, on the acquisition of a Group of companies in Germany and Hungary in the electronic equipment sector
- An aviation group and air services provider on acquisitions and disposals in Germany
- A global leader in customer management, on its acquisition of Germany-based and owner-operated company buw and subsequent measures
- Large multi-jurisdictional groups on their reorganisations
- Mittelstand companies and other family controlled businesses on their corporate and M&A activities
- A medical tech company in a medical devices project with a multinational German industry group, a U.S. life sciences company and a major Private Equity firm
- The general partner in a German private bank on the sale of his share in such bank
- Draper Esprit, one of the leading venture capital investors involved in the creation, funding and development of high-growth technology businesses in the UK, Republic of Ireland and Europe, on its investment in, and partnering with, EarlyBird
- A mining company on its acquisition of further shares in a German company specialising in mining and extraction of raw materials
- A French group on post-M&A disputes
- A Berkshire Hathaway group company on an acquisition and other activities in Germany
- A technical and business services organisation and a maritime classification society on its acquisition of a significant stake in a ship management software provider in Germany
- A UK venture capitalist on its German acquisitions, in particular in the energy generation sector
- A leading UK engineering and project management consultancy firm on its corporate and commercial activities in Germany, in particular in decommissioning of nuclear power plants
- A family- and private equity-owned automotive supplier on the sale of one of its subsidiaries, and, subsequently, of the group
- A global player in healthcare and life sciences on a multi-billion takeover attempt of a huge international pharmaceutical company
- A global spirits manufacturer on the German aspects of its multi-billion takeover
- An American agricultural machinery manufacturer on an acquisition in Germany and the US from a Canadian parent
- Implementation of a global corporate reorganisation for a major Canadian manufacturer and TSX listed company, including negotiation of with third parties in joint venture arrangements