Andrew Lamb is a partner in Gowling WLG's Calgary office. He is a member of the Energy Group and Head of the firm's Oil and Gas Group.
With over 20 years of experience, Andrew's practice is focused on the petroleum and natural gas upstream and midstream industries, including exploration, production, transportation, processing, marketing and hedging, storage, power/carbon credit offtake arrangements, joint ventures, M&A, construction projects, and procurement. He also has an in-depth background in renewable energy projects and in the construction and oilfield services industries.
Andrew has handled a wide variety of corporate and commercial legal issues and disputes for many long-term clients, both private and publicly traded. He advises clients with respect to:
- joint venture and project development agreements, including with Indigenous stakeholders;
- asset and share acquisitions and divestitures;
- commodity/financial contracts and transactions, including ISDAs, GasEDIs, NAESBs, letters of credit, guarantees, security agreements and netting arrangements;
- agreements for the provision of a broad range of goods and services, from both the provider's and the buyer's positions; and
- legal risk analysis and settlement negotiation.
Andrew has authored numerous articles on contract law and oil and gas law for the Alberta Law Review and the Canadian Energy Law Foundation. He has also taught an introductory course on oil and gas law for the Canadian Association of Petroleum Landmen.
Outside of his practice, Andrew currently volunteers with the Mentor Connect and Mentor Express programs of the Law Society of Alberta. He previously volunteered on the Board of Directors with the Alberta Chrysalis Society for six years, including one year where he served as co-chair.