Anjali Spratley help clients to successfully acquire and dispose of land for residential development, solve problems and meet their deadlines.
Anjali predominantly acts for national house builders, with a particular focus on land acquisition. With a thorough understanding of market conditions, Anjali puts in place robust and effective agreements to fulfil future housing needs, including options, collaborations and promotion agreements. She is also highly experienced in drafting conditional purchase arrangements, for more "instant" acquisitions, and advises on disposals and other development transactions.
Drawing on extensive experience from both the commercial and residential development sectors, Anjali knows how to anticipate her client's needs and work proactively. As housing requirements continue to surge, she realises the importance of eliminating unforeseen issues that could otherwise render the process lengthy and costly, with a focus on providing practical solutions. Working efficiently to meet ever-important deadlines, Anjali is ideally placed to balance the sleek service that can be crucial to any deal with a house builder's unique overarching objectives.
Anjali has worked with house builders for a number of years, and has seen multiple sides of the industry - working in-house, in private practice and as a recommended solicitor. It means she knows how to hit the ground running! Having such a wide experience of the house building world means Anjali really understands our clients, how they operate, and what they need from their lawyers.
Anjali was also named a stand-out lawyer in the prestigious Acritas Stars rankings for 2018.
- Advising a large residential property developer on an acquisition, subject to planning, of a mixed use development site as part of the significant expansion of a village in Northamptonshire. The predominantly residential site will include approximately 2,750 units.
- Acting for a large developer on the complex redevelopment of the former training ground of a premiership football club to include the construction of a world-leading centre of excellence school for young people with autism alongside 60 new homes as an enabling development.
- Advising a number of national house builders on acquisitions, disposals, drafting option agreements, drafting overage agreements, conducting due diligence and advising in a general capacity on the commercial aspects of real estate transactions.
- In the commercial sector, she has acted for a range of clients such as multinational groups with large commercial portfolios in respect retail, office and industrial properties. Work included negotiating agreements for lease, new leases and lease renewals, surrenders, variations, licences, assignments, alterations, sublettings and disposals.
- Previous in-house experience working within the legal department of a national house builder dealing with all aspects of site set-up, infrastructure agreements, plots sales, affordable housing sales and accurate reporting at weekly sales and build meetings.