Dhruv Chhatralia BEM
Dhruv Chhatralia BEM, is a principal associate in our Corporate practice based in our London office. Dhruv has over 10 years' experience advising on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate finance transactions, joint ventures, and other areas of corporate law. He works on both domestic and cross-border transactions representing corporates, private equity houses and financial institutions.
Dhruv acts for clients in a variety of sectors including technology, media and telecommunications, financial services, energy, natural resources, infrastructure and projects, automotives, lifesciences, and hotels and leisure.
Dhruv's practice is both domestic and international in nature and the transactions he advises on include a variety of complex and high value transactions across diverse industries.
Dhruv is a member of the firm's India and USA Desks and travels to both countries as part of his work.
Dhruv was included in the Queen's New Year Honours List 2020 for his voluntary service to charities and developing young people and was presented with the UK national award of the Medal of the Order of the British Empire in October 2020. He was also presented with the Bharat Gaurav lifetime achievement award in India in January 2016 for outstanding service to society and landmark achievements in the fields of law, literature, education and social outreach.
He has written 21 books, which have been shared with leading corporations and politicians across the UK and outside the UK including the Prime Ministers of the UK and India, a former president of the USA and the UK Chancellor of the Exchequer, Home Minister, Business Secretary, Environmental Secretary and several other UK ministers of state
Dhruv is a renowned speaker and has given talks in the UK and mainland Europe on topics ranging from "Managing a Cross-Border Transaction" to "Doing Business in India" at both the House of Commons and the House of Lords of the UK Parliament and at the offices of multinational and domestic companies. He has authored articles in numerous publications about legal developments in corporate law, and has been involved in the publication of three annual guides highlighting international trends in mergers and acquisitions.
Dhruv has been rated as a Rising Star in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and business affairs by the Super Lawyers publication, has been rated as a Key Lawyer in Venture Capital by the Legal 500 directory and has received awards for client feedback of the year (10 out of 10) on two consecutive years at his previous law firm.
- Advising a consortium of international investors on the development of and €750 million equity investments in a wind farm in Kenya.
- Acting for an African sovereign wealth fund on a US$1 billion investment in a Swiss asset management group.
- Representing a US metals company in their €277 million share acquisition of a global manufacturer and provider of alloy-based critical wear solutions from a private equity firm.
- Advising a US pharmaceutical company on their £180 million share purchase of a UK manufacturer of oral liquid medicines from a private equity firm.
- Acting for the seller of a UK-based consumer products group on its US$1.25 billion sale to a multinational retailing company.
- Representing the shareholders of a UK data company providing automated property valuations on its £120 million acquisition by a multinational property technology company.
- Advising a US-based private equity fund on multiple acquisitions of UK software companies with an aggregate transaction value of over £90 million.
- Acting for a nominated advisor and joint broker on a £70 million Initial Public Offering (IPO) of a Ukrainian shopping centre company on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Representing a US electronics manufacturer on a US$53 share acquisition of a UK-based technology company.
- Advising a multinational insurance company on multiple acquisitions of UK insurance brokerages with an aggregate transaction value of over US$65 million.
- Acting for a German transportation company on the €45 million share purchase of a UK train manufacturing company.
- Representing a German media company on a €63 million purchase of a UK ticketing company.