Jon Lent provides bespoke debt financing solutions secured on structured real estate investment, development and operational assets.
He advises banks, debt funds and alternative lenders, and investors, developers, listed corporates and private equity funds, on real estate finance transactions in the UK and Europe.
His work includes both investment and development facilities, with significant sector expertise in operational asset classes including hotels, care homes, and student accommodation.
Jon also has extensive experience advising on the funding of shopping centres, offices, industrial/logistics, high-end residential, and portfolio transactions.
Ranging from senior-in-waiting to owner-risk transactions, he acts for debt funds on all aspects of whole loan, senior bridge, and mezzanine financings, preferred equity transactions, related intercreditor and profit share arrangements.
Combining his restructuring and structured origination experience, Jon also advises lenders and investors on par and distressed loan trading, funding for debt purchases, and strategic loan-to-own/alternative investment.
His other areas of expertise includes advising on Islamic-compliant investment and development deals; ISDA swap and cap transactions and their related collateral arrangements; and the funding of private corporate M&A.
- A UK clearing bank on £100m development facilities for a US operated life style hotel in London, on £220m investment and development facilities for two owner operated hotels in Central London, and on £92m acquisition facilities for the purchase of a boutique London hotel
- A debt fund on the loan purchase of distressed real estate debt from Lonestar and subsequent sale to a financed special purpose vehicle, for repositioning and stabilisation via consensual loan-to-own
- A UK clearing bank on £81m facilities for the refinancing of a property portfolio, and on c£40m pre-development facilities
- Formation Capital, LLC on £475m facilities for the acquisition of the NHP Group, £100m facilities to acquire Meridian Healthcare, a £176m S&LB financing, a £130m ground rent financing and £285m refinancing
- GCP Student Living plc on £235m acquisition and refinancing facilities with PGIM, secured on two portfolios of student accommodation assets
- London & Cambridge Properties on investment and development facilities with HSBC, RBS, Santander, Handelsbanken and Aviva aggregating well in excess of £650m, and €120m facilities in Germany and Poland