Kieran Bhopal is a Birmingham-based associate who advises on real estate law with an emphasis on affordable housing, acting principally for registered providers within the social housing sector.
She prides herself on delivering high-quality advice, focusing on attention to detail and efficiency throughout a transaction, allowing the client to achieve their objectives and deadlines.
She has developed extensive legal experience, advising on a variety of real estate matters including:
- acquisitions and disposals (on a conditional and unconditional basis)
- turnkey and golden brick 's106' deals
- negotiating contracts, development agreements, leases and other property-related documents, including infrastructure agreements, licences, wayleaves and easements
- drafting and producing comprehensive site set up packages, including bespoke contracts and leases
- general property advice to clients on a wide range of matters, such as reviewing and interpreting property related documents to dealing with boundary ownership disputes
Kieran's leadership talents extend beyond Gowling WLG. She is a governor of a local school working closely with the senior leadership team to plan and support the delivery of high quality education.
Advising various registered providers on complex and large scale acquisitions, disposals and in a general capacity on all aspects of technical real estate transactions.
Developing innovative solutions and utilising technology to minimising client costs and improving processes to provide an efficient service.
Kieran's previous experience in managing a transaction team, advising on site set ups, shared ownership sales, right to buy and staircasing, means that she brings the benefit of a wider perspective on development acquisition and disposal transactions and means that she has a consummate understanding of the affect initial issues can have at a later stage.