Dr. Lars-Gerrit Luessmann
Lars-Gerrit Luessmann heads Gowling WLG's practice in Germany.
Lars-Gerrit has more than 20 years of experience in advising German and international investors, corporates and financial institutions in all matters of corporate and capital market law. He focusses on M&A and capital market transactions, in particular public takeovers. Another focus of his work is the legal and strategic advice of executive and supervisory boards of listed companies, e.g. in the context of shareholder activism.
Lars-Gerrit began his career as a lawyer in 2002 at Linklaters, for which he worked in Frankfurt and Duesseldorf for over eight years. In 2004/2005 he was on a client secondment to J.P. Morgan AG in Frankfurt. He has been a partner at Taylor Wessing since 2011 where he headed the Corporate / Capital Markets group in Germany. Since May 2023 Lars-Gerrit is a partner in the Frankfurt office of Gowling WLG.
Since many years, Lars-Gerrit is highly regarded by directories such as JUVE and The Legal 500 Germany. Clients praise Lars-Gerrit - among others – his resilience and flexible thinking. Since 2012, Lars-Gerrit is consistently listed by JUVE as a frequently recommended lawyer for corporate and/or M&A.
"thinks along extremely flexibly", client,
"fast, competent, and masters complexity"
The Legal 500 Germany 2019
"… and the 'outstanding' Lars-Gerrit Lüßmann are recommended"
The Legal 500 2018
Lars-Gerrit's experience prior to joining Gowling WLG includes:
- Advised Formycon AG on the EUR 70 million private placement of new shares.
- Advised Formycon AG on the EUR 650 million acquisition of biosimilar assets as part of a strategic partnership with ATHOS.
- Advised Hauck & Aufhäuser and mBank on voluntary public exchange offer of Vita 34 AG to the shareholders of Polish PBKM.
- Advised Provinzial Group on strategic joint venture with AIF Capital Group
- Advised Brockhaus Capital Management AG (today Brockhaus Technologies AG) on its IPO on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Advised Bank Schilling & Co Aktiengesellschaft on the sale of its banking business to Merkur Bank.
- Advised the Hessian Ministry of Economics as stock exchange supervisory authority on the intended merger between Deutsche Börse AG and London Stock Exchange.
- Advised DEMIRE Deutsche Mittelstand Real Estate AG and ODDO SEYDLER Bank on the voluntary public exchange offer of DEMIRE to the shareholders of Fair Value REIT-AG.
- Advised the supervisory board of Catoil in connection with the unsolicited public takeover by Joma Industrial.
- Advised the founding family of Vossloh AG on the private placement of its shares to institutional investors.