Luc Lissoir is a partner based in the Montréal office of Gowling WLG. He practises in corporate and commercial law, with a particular emphasis on Infrastructure Projects (P3s and alternative mode) procurements, project financing and development, private equity, M&A transactions and general corporate counselling.
Over the years, Luc has acted for corporate and governmental issuers and investment dealer firms with respect to public and private offerings of equity, debt and synthetic securities in Canada, the United States and other foreign markets; assisted in privatizations of Crown corporations and project financings; advised various interested parties in takeover bids or plans of arrangement; and assisted clients in acquisitions or sales of businesses.
Luc has also assisted parties on the sale or purchase of various P3 asset portfolios and the establishment of infrastructure investment platforms. In addition, he regularly acts on behalf of institutional investors and sponsors in connection with the formation of various types of private equity and debt funds in Canada and internationally and their downstream investments.
More recently, Luc has been heavily involved in the infrastructure sector (including P3s and Alternative Mode projects). He has led, among other projects across Canada, the legal teams advising the Acciona and ACS/Iridium Consortium, which was selected for the public-private partnership completion project of Autoroute 30 in Québec (a project named the North American PPP Deal of the Year 2008 by Euromoney's Project Finance magazine), as well as Public Authorities, Equity consortiums, Lenders (bank/bonds) and other consortium members on the following projects:
- Route One Gateway (NB)
- RCMP Forensic Laboratory (BC)
- South Fraser Perimeter Road (BC)
- John Hart Hydro Refurbishment (BC)
- Anthony Henday Road projects (AB)
- Calgary Ring Road projects (AB)
- Edmonton LRT (AB)
- Windsor-Essex Parkway (Ont.)
- East Rail Maintenance Facility (Ont.)
- Waterloo Region LRT (Ont.)
- 401 East Extension Phases 1 and 2 (ON)
- Hurontario Light Rail (ON)
- Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal (CHUM) (QC)
- Centre hospitalier universitaire Sainte-Justine (QC)
- Centre d'entretien AMT Pointe St-Charles (QC)
- Samuel-de-Champlain Bridge Project (QC)
- Montréal Olympic Stadium (Expert Advisor) (QC)
- CDPQ Infra REM Project (QC)
- Major Refurbishment of Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine Tunnel (QC)
- Deconstruction of the Old Champlain Bridge (QC)
- Vaudreuil-Soulanges Hospital Project (QC)
- Île-aux-Tourtes Replacement Bridge and Deconstruction of replaced Bridge (QC)
- Île-d'orléans Replacement Bridge (QC)
In addition to the project procurement itself, Luc heads various teams overseeing the legal needs of concessionaires in Canada and project parties in disputes with authorities or major subcontractors.