Rabinder Singh Chaggar
Rabinder Chaggar helps clients to deliver complex property projects and transactions in accordance with their aspirations and expectations.
Rabinder has advised extensively on major real estate projects, particularly mixed use, acting for developers, owners, occupiers and investment vehicles.
He focuses on project managing multi-disciplinary legal teams, and acting as a focal interface point between the legal teams, the clients and the client's professional advisers, to provide seamless and proactive communication lines and legal advice. His clients appreciate the certainty and transparency this provides in often complex and fast moving transactions.
Rabinder Chaggar is ranked as a leading lawyer for real estate in Chambers UK.
"Rabinder Chaggar acts for clients including the Crown Estate on investment deals, development matters and leasing. "He's got a very good commercial approach and is good at interpreting our requirements," clients say."
Chambers UK, 2015
Rabinder works for a variety of clients, and as a consequence has acted on and advised on virtually every side of complex real estate projects. This enables Rabinder to have a wider appreciation of a transaction, which facilitates quicker practical and commercial solutions for his clients.
Rabinder thoroughly enjoys working with his clients.
Work on a transaction for the Crown Estate, which required its first forward funding arrangement (shopping park development) to be put in place in less than two weeks. The Crown's internal and external team bonded together at break neck speed, quickly becoming a cohesive team enabling the funding to be put in place within the time limits. Rabinder thrived on being part of a team of experienced individuals who worked together with ferocious ambition to achieve a common objective. It was a great deal of work in a short period of time and set the framework for the Crown to participate in further forward funding arrangements.
- J Sainsbury
- Whitbread Group
- The Crown Estate, and
- Various development investment and retail clients.
Examples of projects undertaken by Rabinder include:
- advising on a £200 million mixed use development at Brighton for Sainsbury's
- working on the purchase of 21 Express Hotels by Holiday Inn for Whitbread
- advising on a £100 million mixed use town centre re-generation in Bicester for Sainsbury's
- acting on The Crown Estate's forward funding of retail and leisure schemes at Milton Keynes
- assisting with The Crown Estate's purchase of The Coliseum Shopping Park, Ellesmere Port
- advising on Whitbread's sale and leaseback capital and operational exercises in relation to the Premier Inn Hotel brand
- advising Sainsbury's on numerous complex food store developments and acquisitions
- advising Premier Inn on numerous hotel developments and acquisitions
- advising the Crown Estate on its regional portfolio, consisting of 16 retail parks, three shopping centres and leisure schemes, with a total value in excess of £1.5 billion
- advising on and structuring Sainsbury's sale and leaseback transactions