Stefania Bennett is a Birmingham based associate solicitor within the Real Estate Group's property litigation team. Stefania offers pragmatic and personable advice on a wide range of property related disputes concerning residential and commercial properties. She regularly acting for landowners, developers, asset managers, housing associations, landlords, tenants and private clients.
Stefania is experienced in assisting with and advising on possession claims, rights of way and boundary matters, lease renewals, lease and licence terminations, break notices, forfeitures, relief from forfeiture claims, service charge and covenant disputes, dilapidations claims, option agreements, and disputed trusts of land. Coming from a farming background, Stefania has a particular interest in dealing with rural land matters.
Seeing a situation from the individual client's point of view is key to Stefania's approach to resolving disputes, given that she appreciates that no one client will come to a situation from the same position as another. By ensuring that she understands each of her client's goals and limitations, Stefania is able to provide a practical and realistic approach, whatever stage the dispute may be at - from pre-action correspondence, alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation, or in litigated proceedings.
- Acting for a national developer on a wide reaching service charge application in the Land Tribunal
- Acting for a property developer in a complex dispute with a financial backer involving proprietary estoppel arguments
- Negotiating the complete release of restrictive covenants over land by a substantial national landowner when acting for a private developer
- Assisting and advising on the operation of break clauses and with 1954 Act lease renewal disputes
- Advising on and acting for rural landowners on numerous boundary, trespass, and rights of way disputes
- Successfully obtaining relief from forfeiture for a commercial tenant of valuable renovated premises in central London