Stephen is head of our specialist company secretarial team. He has over 25 years' corporate experience. His responsibilities have included acting as director/secretary, advising on general compliance and governance issues, cosec requirements, re-structuring and re-organisations. Stephen is supported by a first class team providing support to a portfolio of international clients.
Experience and expertise includes:-
- Advising on the incorporation of companies and other forms of legal entity;
- co-ordinating annual compliance requirements for legal entities globally;
- drafting board and shareholder resolutions and minutes;
- advising on board practice, directors' duties and governance issues;
- structuring internal Schemes of delegation;
- developing training and support programmes for company chairs, directors, potential directors, and In- house Company Secretaries;
- support with Directors reviews and appraisals;
- group re-structuring and simplification exercises, including bringing the life of unwanted companies to an end;
- managing a daily service to deliver prompt company search results, including insolvency and winding up searches;
- diligent audit of statutory records to identify irregularities and propose steps for resolution; and
- advising on legal developments, such as the recent changes regarding the statutory register to record 'persons with significant control' of most UK companies and LLPs.
Stephen's team also provides a fixed fee UK annual compliance/company secretarial service which includes a dedicated UK contact, electronically maintaining statutory registers, preparing and filing the annual confirmation statement and filing accounts, handling share allotments and changes of directors and/or registered office.
Companies also have the option of using our address as their registered office in the UK.
Stephen provided in-house company secretarial services and governance advice for a national organisation engaging in developing initiatives in over 50 different geographical areas.
He provided in-house development support and advice for a joint venture partnership responsible for a £190 million regeneration initiative in Birmingham.
He helped a major London housing provider amend its group structure so that it could secure private investment and grant funding to develop its housing stock.
He has helped form many joint venture partnerships created to secure grant funding , attract private investment and oversee major construction projects.