Bringing new products and services to market requires innovation and creativity, coupled with a deep understanding of the regulatory environment in which they are to be designed, marketed and sold.
Gowling WLG offers combined experience in advertising and product regulation to help you succeed throughout the lifecycle of designing, launching, marketing and protecting your products.
We understand that great advertising requires keen insight and unbridled creativity. It also calls for an equally insightful and creative team of legal professionals who can ensure your campaigns meet industry and legal requirements, while preserving the integrity and inspiration of your ideas.
From product licensing to the review of advertising copy to representation in trade disputes, Gowling WLG's team of knowledgeable, industry-savvy professionals provides its clients with considerable hands-on experience and a flexible, effective approach to solving their issues.
Product regulation calls for a detailed knowledge of the product and the market as well as of the law, and a legal team that knows how to help you navigate effectively through the your dealings with a wide range of regulatory bodies. It requires lawyers who are not just experts in their fields, but bring a commercial and problem-solving approach to regulatory issues. Meanwhile, the rise of digital media, including social media, means you also need lawyers who understand the latest technology and channels and are able to apply existing laws to new ways of advertising.
Gowling WLG is at the forefront of these issues. We understand advertising and what you're trying to achieve. Our goal at all times is to help you market and sell your goods and services while remaining within the law.
Our clients work in industries ranging from packaged goods to automotive and from retail to telecommunications. We're frequently asked to facilitate national product launches and advertising and packaging integration for companies seeking to enter - or introduce new products and services into - the UK, European, Canadian or Middle Eastern marketplaces.
To help you thrive in the crucial Russian market, our leading IP team in Moscow provides a full range of advertising and marketing-related services for multinationals entering the country, as well as for companies already established there.
We assist in all matters relating to advertising, marketing and product regulation, including:
- Advertising disputes
- Advertising reviews
- Agency, media buying and advertising services agreements
- Ambush marketing
- Branded content
- CE marking, certification and accreditation for EU markets
- Children's advertising
- Co-promotion and celebrity endorsement agreements
- Comparative advertising and claims support advice
- Consumer complaints and competitor disputes
- Consumer protection laws
- Contests and promotions
- Digital media, including apps, ad blocking, ad placement, viewability and click fraud, bloggers and vloggers, native advertising, behavioural targeting and analytics, affiliate marketing and live video streaming
- Multi-level marketing and direct sales, including compliance and licensing
- Distribution, manufacturing, and quality assurance agreements e-commerce
- Environmental claims
- Food reviews and regulatory approvals, including health and nutrition claims
- Free movement of goods and services
- International advertising, music and other copyright licences
- Packaging and labelling
- Pharmaceutical and medical device licensing
- Price, sale and discount claims
- Privacy, data protection and direct marketing/anti-spam
- Product licensing
- Recall and enforcement management
- Social media
- Sponsorship and events
- Talent agreements
- Trademarks and copyright
Recognised by the world's most respected legal directories for our leadership and expertise, we keep on top of legal trends by contributing our insights to a variety of publications and speaking at numerous conferences and events around the world.
Knowledgeable, practical and market-focused: Gowling WLG has the creativity and commercial and regulatory insight to help you prosper. To learn more about how we can help you, please contact any member of our team.