Whether your organization is the subject of an investigation, considering an acquisition, dealing with pricing issues, or countering a competitor's latest move, you need knowledgeable, experienced counsel who can handle your most complex competition and antitrust law matters.
Gowling WLG's Competition & Antitrust Law Group delivers on all counts. With an ideal combination of competition lawyers, industry experts and regulatory professionals, we offer strategic legal advice to help you achieve your unique business goals.
Our Canada-wide team holds unparalleled experience in dealing with multijurisdictional competition and antitrust matters. From day-to-day business issues to dawn-raid crisis response, we deliver timely, pragmatic advice on all aspects of Canada's competition law regime, including:
- Compliance and strategic opinions
- Merger reviews, filings and clearances (including the Investment Canada Act and the Canada Transportation Act, where necessary)
- Private competition litigation, including national and cross-border antitrust class actions
- Supply and distribution strategies
- Pricing issues
- Civil and criminal Competition Bureau investigations and inquiries, including internal investigations and leniency and immunity applications
- Internal compliance policies, seminars and programs
- Trade association issues
- Criminal prosecutions
Ranked in a host of prestigious legal directories - such as The Best Lawyers in Canada, the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and Benchmark Canada - our professionals include the immediate past Senior Deputy Commissioner of Competition (the second-most senior official in the Canadian Competition Bureau) and top competition litigators with extensive experience before the Canadian Competition Tribunal and all levels of court, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
Our litigators have been involved in some of Canada's most important antitrust cases, and have successfully represented clients from a wide range of industries in relation to Competition Act matters, as well as in civil and criminal proceedings. These include price-fixing class actions and conspiracy and bid-rigging prosecutions.
With offices across Canada and around the world, we're ready to draw on the top-tier competition and antitrust expertise of our group wherever - and whenever - you need us.
To learn more about how we can help you, please contact any member of our team.