In the evolving world of medicine and health, you need expert protection. Whether it's defending your professional rights, an attack on your reputation, or product or regulatory investigations, it's essential to have someone on your side who understands the law and, crucially, understands your world.
At Gowling WLG, we focus on protecting health professionals and health-related enterprises. Our team has more than a century of experience in medical defence and health sciences, and over 100 professionals immersed in your sector.
We can support the complexities of your reality – whether you're a health professional or a pharmaceutical, medical device or bio-technology company. For health professionals, we follow you throughout your practice, protecting your professional goals and reputation. If you're an innovative life sciences company, we'll support you throughout your product's life cycle – from the first steps of research through to regulatory approvals, commercialization and market impact.
We speak your language, with many of our professionals having been trained in science, medicine and related technologies. We'll defend you against allegations that impact your professional life or your product. We've helped shape the regulatory framework that impacts your activities, always working in your best interests, whether before self-regulating colleges or governmental regulatory bodies. Each case enhances our knowledge base. As your world evolves, so do we.
We're also proven leaders in the development and adoption of efficient, value-driven tools designed to manage litigation files in a manner that is both transparent and in tune with your business needs. These include:
- customized legal project management software
- electronic file and case management
- knowledge management
- project budgeting
- AFA/ABA: fixed fees, capped fees, blended rates, rewards-based/performance fees
Areas we focus on include:
- agricultural products
- care and treatment in the clinical setting
- crisis and media management
- data breach management and trans-border health data management
- drug pricing and reimbursement
- electronic health records management
- food and beverages
- Health Canada and other health devices and drug approval processes
- medical devices
- natural health products including supplements
- product research & CROs
- product liability
- professional regulation and liability
- public health recalls and investigation
- regulatory compliance
- risk management
- seamless interprovincial/international coverage
We care deeply about the contributions you and your colleagues make to improving the quality of life for all, and we'd be proud to be a part of your team. To learn more, please contact us.